We’ve all been there. Trapped in the shower, our eyes burning from a douse of soap or shampoo. Water, or is that tears, running down our face in our attempt to wash our eyes clean and get some relief. But if that water coming from your showerhead is a trickle and not a flood, your […]
Did you know that your water may be preventing your products from working to their full potential?
For homes that have a septic system and use a water softener, it’s been shown that efficiently operated water softeners pose no problems to septic tank performance.
With a new year comes a long list of the same old resolutions. For 2015, why not resolve to improve several problems around your home in one easy step?
You know that water softeners eliminate several headaches around the home, but a common question is whether it removes important minerals from your water.
When preparing food for the holidays, you want to impress family and friends with the best-tasting dishes possible. But did you know that your water might be preventing you from serving the perfect meal?
The key to easier cleaning with fewer chemicals this holiday season? A water softener.
From quick spot treatments to more permanent fixes, these tips will give you one less thing to stress about when entertaining family and friends this holiday season.
The type of water softener, size of the brine tank, water hardness and household water usage all determine how much salt you need and how often you’ll need to replenish your softener’s salt supply.
Did you know that hard water’s effects go far beyond chalky buildup, pipe damage and higher energy bills? That same water may also be doing a number on your hair.
Whether you’re using a dealer, a plumber or your own DIY skills, there are advantages and disadvantages to each installation method.
When it comes to water softeners, the selection and installation process can be a bit overwhelming. But with a few easy tips, savvy DIYers can solve their hard water problems easily and affordably.
While sodium is used to soften water, one of the biggest misconceptions is that it makes your water noticeably salty. Luckily, that’s not the case.
If you’ve noticed stiff, harsh fabrics, graying or yellowing of clothing, soil build-up and/or weakening of fabrics, hard water is most likely the culprit.
If you’re new to the numbers associated with hard water, here’s a breakdown of what you can expect to see in your water softener research.
The pipes and valves within major water-using appliances can also become clogged with scale, reducing water flow or causing leaks, resulting in potentially expensive part replacements.
Whether you’re in the aisles or scrolling online, water softeners have a language all their own.
Just because you add another electricity-using appliance to the home doesn’t mean it’s going to be an energy drain.
Are you in a new city or home, and your water just isn’t “right”? The best place to start is by testing your water.
Only 15% of the United States has naturally occurring soft water. The remaining 85% of us get to fight the daily battles of hard water with spotty dishes, limescale buildup and appliance inefficiency.